Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog Post about making Blog Posts!

I really want to start consistently blogging so that I can help more people find my work, but more than that I want to do it for myself. What? Yep for me.

Here it is full disclosure: I don't have anything completely figured out yet and I don't think anyone in this world does. Writing a blog is my way of writing down what I think works, which I may think later on doesn't work.

I used to work with an older gentleman that knew my parents and we would sometimes have these deep conversations about life. Once he turned to me and said, "Your parents don't have life figured out do they?" I paused and thought about it and replied I guess not. He then said, "Nobody has it figured out. I don't have life figured out, they don't have life figured out. That is why we keep living. Once we have it figured out we die." If you believe in God then maybe you believe that when you have figured life out he needs you to come back to him.

Ok enough about knowing about life and not knowing.

What I know about writing a blog post:
- It shouldn't be too wordy with out having a picture! (Opps)

Picture!!!

I recently made this Lithograph of Don Quijote. He knew some things about life... But then again he thought wind mills were giants.

Blogs should inform people. You should have some value in you posts.
I hope that is some value for those coming to read this post!

Maybe I can give you some info about me. My name is Spencer Olsen. I am from Provo, Utah. I love soccer, making art and my wife. 

I studied photography at UVU for 3 years and realized I liked to get my hands messy. For fun here is a picture of the Salt Lake City Latter-Day Saints Temple (MORMONS) I created at UVU.




The process that I used to make this image is called Cyanotype. I created it by making a large negative of the photograph I had taken. Then I painted cyanotype liquid on a piece of paper, usually watercolor paper since it holds the liquid best. Then I exposed the paper to the sun and washed the excess dried liquid off. Kind of cool right.

Well after studying at UVU I transferred to BYU where I studied illustration for another three years. Actually this next week I will graduate from College.

This blog is where I hope to record my journey and some of the projects I work on. I hope to have projects that people pay me to do as well as projects I give myself to do.

I hope you follow my journey into freelancing and making a life out of making art.

The final thing I would say about writing a blog is... You should grow from it. I know I have already grown from writing this blog and I feel energized to go after my dreams.

Oh ya Blog posts should never be to long or boring... Or else you lose everybody's interest. I hope I didn't mess this one up.



No comments:

Post a Comment