Friday, April 11, 2014

Cheap Paints and an Awesome Contest!

My little sister works at a pre-school and recently the pre-school received a very large donation of some acrylic paints. They weren't super high quality paints, but hey they were  free! Well the pre-school couldn't accept them so my little sister contacted me and asked if I could help get rid of like 10 boxes of paints. As an illustration major in college I knew exactly who could help me get rid of these paints. Artists! So I brought some to school where a show: "CHEAP ACRYLIC SHOW" was put together. The rules were that you could only use the three colors that made it to the school and you put a dollar on the back of your painting. The winner takes all the dollars. It ended up being like 10ish bucks. I didn't win, but I got second. Here are my pieces!


Feliz Dia de los Muertos!
Or Happy Day of the Dead!
It is a Mexican Holliday where they remember their loved ones that have passed on.
That is what inspired this piece that took 2nd place in the Cheap Acrylic Show


I also did a Pirate trying out this thing where I blocked areas off with a certain type of tape and painted shapes. I think it turned out super fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment