Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Preparing for an ART SHOW!!!

THIS ART SHOW:


The ART OpenHaus
(Poster Normandie Luscher

This art show show happened last year with a couple of friends of mine that studied illustration with me. We got together in a house (My Mother's House) and put on an art show. We tried to not nail too many nails into the wall, but had a fun time showing off our awesome art and selling it!

Next thing you have to do is you have to come up with an some awesome art that is related to the time. Doing Mother's day gifts the week after Mother's day isn't necessarily the best thing you can do since everyone has moved on and is starting to think about Father's Day. So You want to make something for Father's Day. 

Below are some 3 x 5 cards that I have drawn Father's Day style portraits on. I had this really funny idea of making cards that had church ties on them that weren't necessarily for church, but that you might give to your dad for Father's Day. Everyone likes to give dad a tie, right? Then on the back of the card you could write something silly like: Hey dad I thought about getting you this ridiculous tie for Father's Day, but instead I thought I would spare you the embarrassment of then havingto wear the tie so I got you this card instead to tell you how much I appreciate you. Or something like that. I think some of these ideas are pretty clever. You should check them out!


Art should always be presentable. So in the first place you have to make cool art (See last step) and then you have to package it so that it can sell. Frames are usually good at this point or if you have prints of things you can package the prints in plastic so that your customers get a really nice experience of buying your art. Below is some AstroChicken Lithograph prints I recently made in some shiny plastic all ready to be purchased! They are pretty cool if you ask me.


Then after you have everything ready you go to the venue and you put your stuff on the wall and invite all your friends over to see the cool things you have made and hopefully make some money. 

Food is also a plus. We will have some of that at the Art OpenHaus.
Mostly this blog post is to say make really cool art. Package it nicely. Then support your artist friends and go to their art shows and buy their art or at least eat the food they provide for you. 

Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment